#10 Best mattresses under $100 in 2018 that you can buy right here and now. Don’t let the cheap price tag fool you because these cheap mattresses will give you comfort and a good night sleep!
Purchasing a new mattress can seem like a huge challenge, especially if you’re on a budget. While the options are, indeed, limited, some products are worth taking into account. Since we care about your sleep quality, we took the time to create this buying guide, to ease the job for you.
One thing to bear in mind is that each user has different specifications – that is to say, there’s no such thing as the ideal mattress that will meet everyone’s needs.
That is why we made a list of mattresses designated for distinct purposes. If you’re asking what our review criteria are, you should know that we assess the quality of the materials, the comfort and support provided by each model, the manufacturer’s warranty, customer feedback, and, of course, affordability.
Understanding the pros and cons of every mattress, and the subtle differences between them, you’ll be on the path to making a well-researched and informed purchase.
However, bear in mind that the products we’re about to introduce to you are better suited for guest rooms, trundle beds, and children rooms. If you want to purchase a mattress for
daily nightly use, our advice would be to save up for a higher-quality mattress – as this is the key to an optimal and quality sleep.
Without further ado, we would like to review the top 10 best cheap mattresses under $100 at the time being. Afterwards, we give you a bunch of handy tips that will make the shopping process easier and more enjoyable altogether.
Let’s get started!
Top 10 Mattresses Comparison
Here’s a quick overview and comparison table of the top 10 best cheap mattresses under $100 in 2018 that we will take a closer look at on this page.
Best Mattress Under $100 for Side Sleepers
- Comfortable mattress combines memory foam with the traditional support of an innerspring mattress for a medium-firm feel
- A cozy layer of memory foam is quilted in the soft, knit fabric mattress cover
- A 1.5 inch layer of foam beneath the quilted top layer helps to minimize pressure points
- Mattress is compressed and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup
- Twin mattress measures 39" x 75" x 8" and comes with a 10-year manufacturer's warranty
LinenSpa 8" Memory Foam & Innerspring Hybrid Mattress Review 2018
For starters, the LinenSpa 8" Memory Foam & Innerspring Hybrid Mattress is a hybrid mattress, it combines the best out of two worlds. To be more precise, you get the typical springiness of a coil mattress and the custom fit of a foam mattress. Another great thing is that it forms after your body, due to its foam composition.
Secondly, it is available in six different sizes. This means you can get the right one for your needs, without breaking the bank.
The firm coil base facilitates an excellent pressure point support. At the same time, thanks to the layered design mixed with the springs, the air can easily flow through the mattress, while preserving that specific memory foam softness.
Best Mattress Under $100 for Adjustable Bed Frames
- Heavy gauge tempered steel coils provide exceptional support and durability ; 100% Polyester
- Fire resistant barrier meets flammability standards and helps keep your family safe
- Quilted fabric cover and foam layer above the coils offers a layer of cushioning at the surface for more comfort
- Mattress comes compressed and rolled for easy shipping and setup
- Mattress can be flipped and does not have latex; manufacturer provides 10-year warranty
LinenSpa 6" Innerspring Hybrid Mattress Review 2018
That being said, this mattress offers something in the middle, being the right fit for most people. Since there is a layer of high-density memory foam right in the middle of the mattress, you’ll enjoy a deep softness, as well.
A common concern with memory foam mattresses is that they aren’t the most durable ones. Still, due to its hybrid composition, that isn’t going to be an issue.
Best Mattress Under $100 for Trundle Beds
- Gel memory foam creates a cool sleep experience as it conforms to relieve pressure points
- Dual-layer technology - 1" soft, ventilated cooling layer with 4" supportive base foam layer
- Open cell construction creates more durable, long-lasting memory foam - 10-year warranty
- Rolled and compressed for shipping - easy to move and set up
- CertiPUR-US certified (no harmful odors), resistant to dust mites and safe for children - Twin XL Size: 38" x 79"
Lucid 5" Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review 2018
To start with, Lucid 5" Gel Memory Foam Mattress is a comfortable mattress, which is made of memory foam and gel memory foam. The memory foam adapts its form to your sleeping posture; this means you’ll enjoy a comfortable sleep. Still, the downside to memory foam is that it has the tendency to retain part of your body’s heat.
And this is where the gel memory foam layer comes in. Since the top layer features gel droplets, this ensures that the temperature doesn’t level up too much. That is not all, though; the gel plays a role in optimizing the comfort of the mattress, making it springier.
Aside from the gel foam layer, the topmost part has pin-sized holes, whose goal is to maximize the airflow. Evidently, this makes the mattress more breathable and softer.
As for the firmness level, we would say that this mattress is quite firm. So, it offers back support, preventing muscle and joint misalignment.
Best Mattress Under $100 for Children’s Beds
- Conforming memory foam comfort and support for a better night's sleep
- Mattress layers include: 1.5 inches Memory Foam, 4.5 inches High-density Base Support Foam
- Only the Highest Quality of Foam-Foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- The latest evolution of memory foam, BioFoam, replaces some of the traditional petroleum with natural plant oil to help keep your mattress fresh
- Smartly Shipped - Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 6" Mattress Review 2018
The scent technology it uses – namely the Evergreen and Active Charcoal – facilitates a relaxing sleep. This also has the role of diminishing the odors released by the foam. As for the Charcoal, it aims at absorbing day-to-day odors
In comparison with other mattresses on the market, this one features significantly less carbon footprint. This makes it an environmentally-friendly alternative.
Best Mattress Under $100 for Bunk Beds
- Independently superbly pocketed 15-gauge pocket coils
- Quality foam and polyester layering between cover and coils for optimal comfort
- 100% GreenFoam Certified Foam
- Mattress comes compressed and rolled for easy shipping
- More comfortable than most standard 8-10 inch mattresses. Plus No squeeking!
Home Life Comfort Sleep 6" Mattress Review 2018
The main thing that makes Home Life Comfort Sleep 6" Mattress GreenFoam Certified a great product is its construction. Thanks to the 480 high-grade 15-gauge pocket coils, the mattress is supportive enough. In other words, the mattress relieves the stress and pressure from the neck, hips, and shoulders.
What is more, this also has the role of reducing sleep disturbances determined by motion. While the coils are known to facilitate support, the memory foam is known to supply excellent levels of comfort.
At the same time, the polyester layering grants the mattress the ideal balance of firmness and comfort – which is an essential feature.
All in all, this is a mattress that offers great value for the money. You should note, however, that most buyers used it for bunk beds. That is to say, it is adequate for children, as it may lack the required support that adults need.
Best Portable Mattress Under $100
- The Milliard Foam Tri-fold Mattress allows you to get a comfortable night's sleep wherever you go. Simply unfold the foam bed on the floor in any room, mobile home, or tent for a comfortable night's sleep. This bed easily accommodates all your sleeping needs then folds neatly away for storage in seconds.
- Foam is known for the therapeutic qualities and comfortable support. The Milliard tri-fold mattress is ventilated for air flow to help regulate sleep temperature for maximum support and comfort.
- The Milliard Foam Tri-fold Mattress is the ideal solution to temporary sleeping accommodations. Replace your air mattress and use as a camping bed, guest bed or dorm room bed.
- The Milliard tri-fold mattress is constructed of 4in. 3lb luxurious CertiPUR-US certified Foam for a great sleep experience. Our foam supersedes all with superior high density construction that will not lose its shape.
- Mattress includes removable jacquard ultra-soft cover with anti-slip bottom. Mattress in flat position measures 75in.x25in.x4in. When folded it measures 25in.x25in.x12in.
Milliard Tri Folding Mattress Review 2018
This mattress is ideal for camping trips, or for occasional guests. Since it is foldable, storing it is a breeze, even when you are short of space. At the same time, this isn’t the right mattress for stomach or back sleepers, since they might find it too firm. Thus, side sleepers might find it better fitted.
Best Cheap Mattress Under $100 for Bunk Beds
- Firm support with fiber quilted cover, foam, and heavy duty coil springs
- Infused with castor seed oil to naturally retard odor & bacteria
- Only the highest Quality of foam - foam is CertiPUR-US Certified for durability, performance, and Content
- Smartly shipped- Our patented technology allows Our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
- Worry free 10 year limited warranty
Zinus 6" Spring Mattress Review 2018
Zinus mattresses such as this Zinus 6" Spring Mattress are manufactured in the United States. And the manufacturer utilizes a patented technology in order to ship the mattresses – as they come compressed and rolled. It’s worth noting that it takes approximately 48 hours for the mattress to regain its original shape.
Most health professionals recommend memory foam mattresses because they conform to the body’s curves and shapes. And this contributes to relieving pressure. This is doubly efficient in preventing backache. The combination of memory foam and Bonnell springs makes the mattress more stable, whereas eliminating motion transfer.
Best Mattress Under $100 for Fold Out & Sofa Beds
- Simple, but elegant alternative when full-size sofa beds aren't an option.
- Great for apartment dwellers, college dorms, family dens and when your traveling or anywhere else space is limited.
- Great for Video gaming, reading a book or camping and of course sleeping. Includes a removable and machine-washable soft cover!
- Made out of CertiPUR-US certified high density Foam so your bed dosn't sag and is light and portable enough for use while travelling.
- Size: 78"x38"x4½ (Twin XL). Storage Dimensions are 38"x29"x14 which makes it easy to store in tight spaces.
Milliard Tri-Fold Foam Folding Mattress Review 2018
It is also excellent for traveling purposes. If you’re into camping, this mattress will become your companion. At the same time, you can use it as a guest bed, particularly if you live in a small space where you don’t have a separate guest room.
Since this is a 4-inch thick mattress, you should note that it isn’t necessarily suited for heavy, regular use. Obviously, a 6-inch mattress will be more durable, but it will cost more, as well. A potential drawback could be that this mattress is pretty challenging to maneuver. Perhaps more Velcro straps might be added in order to facilitate ease of carrying.
Best Mattress Under $100 for a Comfortable Sleep
- 180 Days Free Trial! Enjoy the perfect sleep! Pressure relief system virtually eliminates all pressure points to ensure a comfortable night sleep
- 6" Deep Dual Layers: 1.5" Ventilated Gel AirCell Technology Gel-infused memory foam top layer + 4.5" Polyurethane Supportive Base Foam. Feel like you are floating on a cloud; No Pressure Points; Deeper Sleep
- Antimicrobial Outer Cover: Poly-Jacquard fabric with bamboo fiber ensures you feel cool and comfortable throughout the night (Bamboo fiber is a kind of natural and healthy green material. The cover has great efficacy of odor neutralization, humidity control, thermo preservation and health keeping.) Inner cover: Fiberglass Cloth (Flame-retardant effect)
- Foam is CertiPUR-US certified for safety and performance, which means it has been independently tested for safety, physical performance and environmental stewardship
- 20-YEAR WARRANTY; Measures 38"W x 74"D x 6"H. TWIN SIZE
Cr Sleep Gel Infused Memory Foam 6" Mattress Review 2018
We’d like to start by saying that Cr Sleep Gel Infused Memory Foam 6" Mattress with Bamboo Cover may be the best mattress under $100 you can purchase if you are a side, back, and stomach sleeper.
Firstly, the surface material follows the contour of the body, in order to relieve pressure. Simultaneously, it preserves a healthy, cool temperature, which is essential for a comfortable sleep.
At the same time, the body weight is evenly distributed. This minimizes the tossing and turning one might experience during the night. The bamboo cover plays its role in ensuring the breathability of the mattress, whilst maximizing your comfort.
#1 Best Budget Mattress You Can Buy
- Conforming Green Tea Memory Foam comfort and pressure relieving support for a better night's sleep, foam is CertiPUR - US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- 3 inches Memory Foam, 2 inches Comfort Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Foam, 3.5 inches Airflow High-density Base Support Foam
- A safe and trustworthy anti-oxidant, Zinus infuses its memory foam products with natural green tea extract to maintain product freshness
- Smartly Shipped - Our patented technology allows our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your door
- Queen (L x W x H) 60 X 80 X 12 inches, 66.2 pounds, please allow up to 72 hours for the mattress to fully expand and for any potential odor to dissipate
Zinus Memory Foam 12" Green Tea Mattress Review 2018
Okay so the Zinus Memory Foam 12" Green Tea Mattress costs more than $100, but we had to include it anyway. Because the Zinus Memory Foam 12" Green Tea Mattress is the #1 best selling mattress on Amazon with more than 15,000 reviews.
This mattress is made of four layers of the highest quality foams, including memory foam, comfort foam, high-density foam and high-density support foam, all in all this mattress delivers 12 inches of comfort and support to ensure you get a comfortable and a good night sleep.
The infusion of natural green tea extracts help to keep the mattress firm and smell fresh. If you are looking for a mattress that offers medium firmness, increases pressure point relief and absorbs, then the Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea mattress is an excellent choice.
Mattress Buying Guide
After introducing to you our top ten recommendations for the best mattress under $100, we would like to continue by outlining the main considerations you should keep in mind during the shopping process.
Here’s what you should consider when buying a mattress.
Is Buying a Mattress under $100 Worth It?
There is a general misconception according to which something has to be overly expensive in order to be good quality. And while this may apply in given situations, when it comes to mattresses, it is far from the truth.
As a matter of fact, as you’ve seen from our reviews, there are various mattresses on the market that offer good quality at cheap prices. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that you should adjust your expectations, as well.
That is to say, at this price range – namely under $100 – the mattresses you are likely to find are better suited for children’s beds, guest beds, trundle beds, so on and so forth.
Additionally, if you want to get a high-quality mattress that will resist the test of time, that simply means you should spend a bit more money – especially if you purchase a mattress for day-to-day use.
The bottom-line is that budget-friendly products have their number of shortcomings, and this shouldn’t be overlooked and we think that’s important to mention.
Types of Mattresses and Their Features
When you’re shopping for a new mattress, it’s important to know what to choose from. Truth be told, at first glance, you might be overwhelmed by the abundance different types of mattresses. But, when you are informed, the shopping process is instantly simplified.
That being said, take a look at the main types of mattresses on the market, to establish which one would address your needs best.
Indisputably, memory foam mattresses are among the most popular ones. To some extent, they are on the affordable side. Secondly, they are recommended for people suffering from back pain.
Considering that memory foam is a material that naturally takes the contour of the body, this facilitates pressure relief to the body areas that require that the most. However, as you get up, the foam returns to its original shape.
That is to say, whether you are a side sleeper, or you prefer sleeping on your back or stomach, the contouring foam will take your preferred position.
The main disadvantage associated with memory foam is that this material tends to retain part of your body’s heat. It is implied that this could make sleeping rather uncomfortable, especially if are a cool sleeper. That is why many manufacturers include an additional layer of gel foam, which has a cooling effect.
Generally speaking, latex mattresses are made of natural, hypoallergenic compounds, such as processed sap from the rubber tree. What is more, this makes them increasingly more durable, in comparison with other materials whose longevity is reduced.
Latex mattresses are ideal for people suffering from allergies, or who have an increased sensitivity to chemicals. Nonetheless, the thing about these items is that they tend to be pricey. As a result, there aren’t many latex mattresses under $100.
However, there are slightly more affordable options that contain a blend of materials. Among the benefits linked to latex mattresses, the ones worth mentioning are that they are firm, supportive and springy.
Over the last couple of years, the popularity of innerspring mattresses has slightly diminished. Even so, roughly 60 percent of the mattresses sold at the time being are innerspring. This type of product features a steel coil composition, in distinct configurations.
Furthermore, users that appreciate a firm yet roughly bouncy surface will be satisfied with an innerspring mattress. On a different note, those that don’t appreciate the specific countering and padding feeling associated with memory foam might prefer the spring construction.
Nonetheless, the primary downside associated with this type of mattress is that its lifespan is shorter. What is more, it has the tendency to become saggy. Additionally, it is rather heavyweight; which would make it difficult to maneuver and transport.
Hybrid mattresses have become widely common. To be more precise, a hybrid mattress’ composition incorporates a blend of materials. A typical example would be that of a mattress that features a layer of memory foam placed on top of pocket springs. Another equally popular alternative is that of latex combined with viscoelastic foam.
Of course, there are other combinations to choose from, as well. By combining distinct materials, manufacturers aim at addressing a wider customer base. That is to say, for users that are looking for the perfect blend of comfort and firmness, a hybrid mattress will do the job.
Lastly, air mattresses are also extensively used. And, truthfully, they have numerous applications, being quite versatile. Typically, they are ideal for temporary use, being great for whenever guests come to visit, or when you’re visiting family, so on and so forth.
Inflatable air mattresses can reach the ideal firmness level by using the electric pump attached to the bed. Usually, they also have additional layers on top, such as foam. There are some models that allow you to inflate the individual halves to distinct levels, in order to suit the sleeping needs of every partner.
Average mattress lifespan (in years)
- Latex mattress: 12 years
- Memory foam mattress: 10 years
- Hybrid mattress: 10 years
- Innerspring mattress: 8 years
- Pillowtop mattress: 7 years
It goes without saying that your mattress’ size is just as important. Not having sufficient room to move around is the recipe for minimizing your comfort during sleeping. That being said, you should consider a range of essential aspects.
To begin with, your weight and your height are of utmost importance. Also, if you share the bed with someone, you should invest in a bigger mattress. And the same applies if you have pets that like to hang on the bed.
Simultaneously, as much as you’d like to get the biggest mattresses, sometimes the room you have available might prevent you from doing that. So, make sure you consider your bed’s size, as well.
That being said, these are the standard mattress sizes in the US:
- Twin size: 39″ x 75″ (99cm x 191cm)
- Twin XL size: 39″ x 80″ (99cm x 203cm)
- Full (Double) size: 54″ x 75″ (137cm x 191cm)
- Full (Double) XL size: 54″ x 80″ (137cm x 203cm)
- Queen size: 60″ x 80″ (152cm x 203cm)
- King size: 76″ x 80″ (193cm x 203cm)
- California King size: 72″ x 84″ (183cm x 213cm)
Buying a Mattress Online vs. Bricks and Mortar Mattress Store vs. Factory Outlet
Buying a Mattress Online
Purchasing a mattress online can be really convenient since you have a great number of options to choose from. Plus, you can compare different products without being stressed by an insistent salesman.
- Wide selection of products.
- Convenient prices and discounts.
- You don’t have to worry about insistent salesmen.
- You cannot test the mattress before purchasing it – as you would do in a store.
- If you have any questions, it can be challenging to get comprehensive answers.
Bricks and Mortar Mattress Stores
Secondly, you may buy a mattress from specialty mattress stores. Here are the pros and cons associated with this:
- You can get all the information you need from informed salesmen.
- If you look for a specific brand or mattress, this could be your best option.
- Aggressive salesmen.
- High prices.
- The selection might be limited, depending on the store.
Factory outlets are definitely more convenient than specialty mattress stores, due to following reasons:
- Excellent prices.
- High-quality products at low rates.
- You cannot test the mattress before purchasing it. Still, many companies have a 30-100-day trial period.
- Only a few companies have this kind of outlets, which would minimize your options.
The Best Mattress for Your Sleeping Position?
- Stomach Sleepers: as a rule of thumb, stomach sleepers enjoy a mattress whose firmness is neutral. This position situates the spine and back in an uncomfortable position. That is why a mattress with a medium firmness level will offer you the support you need to keep the spine in correct alignment.
- Back Sleepers: it is essential for back sleepers to pick a mattress that supports the lower back, in particular. A mattress that is too soft might lead to discomfort and pain, placing stress on the muscle system.
- Side Sleepers: side sleepers are likely to prefer softer mattresses. In this position, the human body doesn’t form a straight line. This means that you should invest in a mattress that follows the curves of the body. Hence, memory foam mattresses might be best suited for side sleepers, as they facilitate optimal body contouring.
Key Elements You Should Consider
- Comfort Level: most importantly, a mattress should be comfortable, as this is the key to a healthy sleeping routine. Each user’s comfort differs, so make sure you factor in your preferred sleeping position, as well.
- Motion Transfer: this consideration is specifically significant if you sleep with a partner. How much does the other person’s moving and tossing bother you?
- Firmness Level: a mattress’ firmness is connected to the support it provides. Ideally, the mattress you pick should offer sufficient back support, so that you don’t eventually cope with back, shoulder or neck pain.
- Durability: a mattress’ lifespan depends on the material out of which it is made. At the same time, another indicator of its durability might be the warranty supplied by the manufacturer.
- Edge Support: depending on your preferences, you might want to choose a mattress with strong edges. This matters especially when it comes to sitting or sleeping near the edges.
On a final note, we hope that our comprehensive mattress buying guide has armed you with all the information you need to make a fully informed purchase. Bear in mind that budget-friendly mattresses are worth considering, but they aren’t as durable as other options on the market. So, make sure you adjust your expectations accordingly.
Additionally, we advise you to follow the guidelines we presented. That is to say, you should assess the features associated with each type of mattress, and you should choose one depending on your favorite sleeping position.
Product information and prices was last updated on 2018-07-16 from Amazon Product Advertising API