#10 Best wireless routers under $100 in 2019. Get connected to the internet without the messy cables using a high performance yet cheap wireless router
Having the best internet access is one of the most important things everyone wants these days. Luckily, the introduction of WiFi routers has made everything exciting and straightforward.
A wireless router allows you to connect multiple devices to your network without having to deal with irritating cables everywhere.
However, buying a router for your home/office is not that easy – you have to learn what to consider in a router to make sure that you get the right one that meets your needs adequately. In this case, some of the factors you need to consider when choosing best wifi router include price range, WiFi standard, the speed of your internet connection, number of USB ports, single band or dual band (it is better to go for a dual-band router), and router placement.
Without further delay, below are the 10 best WiFi routers in 2019 that you can get under $100. The good news is that you can find really good quality and high performance wireless routers in this price range that offers you the best value for money and good internet access for your home or business premises.
Let’s have a look, shall we?
Top 10 Wireless Routers Comparison
Looking for the best router out there that will give you the best internet access at an affordable price? Then you have come to the right place. Because here is a quick overview and comparison table of the top 10 best wireless routers under $100 in 2019.
Best Selling Router Under $100
- Offers up to 450+1300Mbps maximum speed for gaming
- 1GHz dual-core processor boosts both wired and wireless performance
- Advanced QoS ensures lag-free gaming
- Ideal for large homes with more than 12 WiFi devices
- Parental control provides safer web experience
- USB 3.0 port allows fast printer access and file sharing in your network
- Beamforming technology boosts and enhances WiFi speed and range on all connected devices
- Free backup software ensures your files are secure
- Supports VPN for secure remote access
NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router Review 2019
The NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router is an elegant dual-band 802.11ac WiFi router that offers you up to 1750Mbps wireless speeds on both bands. With a rate of 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band, you can handle both non-intensive tasks such as internet browsing and more intensive tasks such as gaming and streaming effortlessly.
This router utilizes beamforming technology which boosts and improves wireless range in every corner of the house, hence ensuring faster internet connections to mobile devices.
The NETGEAR R6700 comes loaded with a set of features including three detachable antennas, a USB 3.0 ports for faster HDD access, and a dual-core processor, which makes it a powerful networking kit for your home. Additionally, the router provides outstanding storage performance than most routers featured in the same range.
Beginner Friendly Router Under $100
- Innovative wireless security with IP address filtering, wireless MAC address filtering, and 128-bit WEP encryption
- Interoperates with 802.11b clients at 11 Mbps
- Up to 54 Mbps wireless data rates – 5 times as fast as the 802.11b
- All-in-one internet sharing router with Wireless-G access point and 4-port switch at the back
- Ethernet wired capability allows you to share a single internet connection with various clients
Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router Review 2019
The Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router is one of the best WiFi routers under $100 you are going to find in the market today. This router comes with everything you need for the best internet access all the time.
Typically, there are so many satisfied customers due to the product’s reliability and simplicity of setting up WiFi hotspots at home or even in business premises.
When it comes to performance, this gadget offers up to 54 Mbps maximum speed, which is incredibly amazing considering most wireless routers in the same price range do not perform that well.
Best Versatile Router Under $100
- Built-in Wireless-G point and 4 x 10/100 switched LAN ports
- Offers up to 54 Mbps maximum connection rate
- Linux-based open source
- Supports 802.11b and 802.11g network standards
- Advanced wireless security with an SPI firewall and WPA/WPA2 encryption
- Parental control offers internet access restrictions
- Has two external antennas and is compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista 32/64
Linksys WRT54GL WiFi Wireless-G Broadband Router Review 2019
The two antennas are fully adjustable which makes the router portable and easy to carry around. The amazing part is that this router does not have a wireless bridge mode which enables you to connect various networks wirelessly without even using the Ethernet connection.
Additionally, it shares a single wireless connection when all the four Ethernet are wired. You will find everything has been made easy and manageable – from setting up the router to customizing its settings. All you have to do is to plug in the router into a power source, connect it your internet modem and computer.
After that, you simply have to run the Setup Wizard on CD-ROM and follow the instructions. The parental control allows you to govern web usage in your office or home. The combination of the SPI firewall and WPA2 encryption provides improved wireless security for the connected devices.
Best Household Router Under $100
- Wireless-N (802.11n) technology – operates 15 times faster than the Wireless-G
- 4 Ethernet ports allow files, music, videos, and images sharing over the network
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g
- IP-based bandwidth control enables you to decide how much bandwidth is allotted to the connected devices
- WPS button offers one-touch wireless advanced security encryption
- Offers up to a 450Mbps wireless internet connection
- Comes with two-year limited warranty and 24/7 technical support
- Supports internet explorer 11, Firefox 12.0, Chrome 20.0, Safari 4.0, or other and java enabled browser
TP-Link N450 WiFi Router Wireless Router Review 2019
Nothing is more important than having a reliable router that offers continuous and fast internet access over multiple devices.
With the TP-Link N450 WiFi Router, you get relatively good throughput, single-band internet connection, a set of control settings, including remote management and access control. In addition, this gadget minimizes data loss over long distances, thanks to its powerful N technology.
The WPA2 encryption allows you to have a secure network, hence hindering any intruder from accessing your internet. This router also has a WPS button which lets you have a WiFi connection setup promptly. The three antennas equipped on the router ensures you have a strong and quality signal at all times.
Best Value WiFi Router Under $100
- Ideal for large homes
- You can access and share printer and USB hard driver wirelessly
- Offers up to 750 Mbps internet connection
- Netgear GENIE App allows you to monitor, manage, and repair your network
- Compatible with Windows 8
- IPv6 compatible-future-proof your network
- Simultaneous dual-band
- Supports QoS for smooth HD streaming and gaming
- Parental controls and guest network access
Netgear N750 Dual Band 4 Port WiFi Gigabit Router Review 2019
The NETGEAR N750 Wireless Router is everything you would want in your home for fast internet access. Any place you require speed, this router got you covered at all times.
It offers up to 750 Mbps maximum download speed. Also, this router comes loaded with a dual-band technology which ensures your home is covered with Gigabit wired connections. What more would you want in such an affordable WiFi router? Regarding security, the Netgear WNDR4300 device comes designed with password protected and encrypted WiFi networks for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
Generally, the security performance of this gadget is exceptional. Another impressive feature we liked most is that the Netgear WNDR4300 can function in an IPV6 network environment. The router also supports Netgear ReadySHARE printer and USB access – this means you can attach a USB printer using the USB port and share it wirelessly around the network
Best Budget Wireless Router Under $100
- Dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz – up to 450Mbps and 1300Mbps respectively
- TP-Link Tether App allows you to set up and manage your home network easily
- Comes included with a two-year limited warranty and 24/7 technical support
- Utilizes six powerful antennas – 3 External Antennas and 3 Internal Antennas
- Advanced Wireless AC technology
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 Gigabit WAN port
- 2 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a printer or hard drive to the network
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista, Windows 8/8.1/10, Linux/Unix, Mac OS, or NetWare
TP-Link Archer AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Review 2019
Additionally, the IPv6 supports give you a reasonable degree of future-proofing can allow a guest WiFi network. This router also features dual support for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands – which ensures reduced buffering and perfect for 4k streaming.
In addition to its remarkable performance, this internet device provides plenty of amazing features including 4 Gigabit LAN ports and its menu navigation system is extremely user-friendly, even for beginners.
Best Connection Wireless Router Under $100
- Wireless-AC technology, which is faster than the Wireless-N for 4k media streaming
- 4-Gigabit Ethernet ports and a USB 3.0 port for fast file transfer
- Smart WiFi features allow you to access and manage your network remotely
- Delivers up to N300 + AC867Mbps top speed
- Supports numerous network standards, including IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac
- Easy to set up with simple installation guide which needs no CD
- Advanced security encryption to block any unauthorized access
Linksys EA6350 WiFi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router Review 2019
The Linksys EA6350 Wireless Dual-Band+ Router is one of the best WiFi routers under $100 for home use. It offers remarkable speed and powerful range coverage which is more than what you need to your typical apartment, and the wireless security encryption it provides won’t disappoint you.
This router features dual wireless bands which offer up to N300Mbps and AC867Mbps speed, which means it can handle data traffic with minimal buffering. As a result, you can enjoy 4k media streaming and gaming without experiencing any interruptions. The USB 3.0 port allows you to transfer large media files across your network quickly.
Best Dual Band Router Under $100
- Dual bands – 2.4Ghz and 5GHz offers up to 600Mbps and 1300Mbps speed respectively
- Three detachable external antennas – provides extended internet coverage
- Supports all WiFi devices and advanced 802.11ac network
- 4-Gigabit Ethernet ports and Gigabit WAN port
- A USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports for file sharing needs and accessing printer
- Beamforming technology ensures a sturdy connection with numerous devices
- The intuitive mobile interface makes it easy setting up and managing your network
- Includes two-year limited manufacturer’s warranty and 24/7 technical support
TP-Link AC1900 Archer C9 Smart Wireless Router Review 2019
The TP-Link AC1900 Smart Wireless Router is a speedy and high-performing WiFi device that every home should have. With a throughput rate of up to 1300Mbps, you can stream videos in 4k and game online without any interruptions.
The beamforming technology featured in this router allows you to use your smartphone or laptop more conveniently, by ensuring more reliable and stronger WiFi connection in every corner of the house. The TP-Link Archer C9 provides a robust set of features which includes IPv6 support, parental control and guest network that makes it an exceptional product at the most affordable price.
Best WiFi Coverage Router Under $100
- Speeds of up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band + 400Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- The web-based interface allows you to set up the router effortlessly
- Intuitive ASUS Router App enables easy control and management of your network
- Four external antennas ensure improved WiFi range
- Integrated USB 3.0 port provides faster file sharing with connected devices on the network
- Handles multiple devices on the network
ASUS Dual-Band 2×2 AC1300 Super-Fast Wifi Router Review 2019
The ASUS AC1300 Super-Fast Wifi Router is a wondrous router for those looking for home networking kit with a superior WiFi coverage and high connection speeds.
There are so many reasons to buy this device, including ASUS router app which allows you to monitor and manage your network right from the palm of your hand. The router has a web-based interface which makes it fairly easy to set up, even for beginners.
The integrated four antennas ensure stable and consistent network coverage of your entire household. The integrated USB 3.0 port makes it pretty easy to share files to the connected devices on your network. You can also access and share printers with ease.
And don’t forget the 128 memory available that allows you to download files from different devices without losing the overall performance.
Best High Performance Router Under $100
- Fast WiFi speed of up to 1000Mbps
- Ideal for medium to large homes.
- Netgear Genie App for easy router setup and network management
- Two external antennas for improved WiFi coverage
- Simultaneous dual-band reduces interferences of better performance
- Allows multiple HD streaming and gaming with minimal lag-free
- Allows parental control and restrictions
- Firewall and encryptions for advanced security
- Supports numerous internet browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google Chrome 11.0
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX or Linux
NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router Review 2019
The NETGEAR AC1000 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router comes loaded with a set of amazing features that aims to provide you with the best internet connections without any interruptions.
The dual-band capability delivers up to 1000Mbps speed, allowing you to perform intensive activities such as gaming, HD streaming, and downloading large files.
The router is perfect for both office and home applications, thanks to its adjustable external antennas that can be directed to any angle you want to distribute the WiFi signals more efficiently.
The Netgear Genie App allows you to set up your router with ease, control and manages the internet access by blocking unwanted access to the network.
Other essential features include parental control and restriction, firewall and advanced security encryption.
We have come to an end of our review of the top 10 best WiFi routers that cost less than 100 dollars. Some people think that cheaper wireless devices mean lower quality, but that it is not entirely true.
The fact is that it depends on your budget and the reason you need a router in the first place. In this list, we have reviewed the best routers that will provide you the best internet access at an affordable price.
If you love gaming and want a quality router, then something like the NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk is your best bet. If you are looking for a cheap yet functional router, then you cannot go wrong with TP-Link Archer AC1750 Smart WiFi Router.
Product information and prices was last updated on 2019-02-20 from Amazon Product Advertising API